Monday, December 31, 2007

Chapter 9

Isha went to the bathroom and changed into her night suit and asked her to make some tea as she needed to have a long chat with her. She mad two cups of steaming hot ginger tea , her heart raced as she did not know why all of a sudden her new found friend had become so serious.
Isha took the tea from her hand and slapped her very hard and she fell off her chair and she cut her lower lip.
She looked up to and started crying and she wiped her blood with her hand , she didnt know why she did it.
Isha got up and picked her up and said "you just said yes to becoming a whore...no wait let me say it this way you just said yes to getting fucked everyday from men whom you have never had any kind of contact ever before...you are going to be fucked...are you in some trance or something don't you get it..." , she started weeping hysterically and said "I...don't know what I am doing anymore...all my life I wished one day someone would take me away from all of this, my life is fucked , my mom died and now my dad is dying everyday little by little inch by inch and all I can do is to see him die and see those sons of a bitches at the govt. hospital treat him like shit, they dont even clean his bedpan , he lies in his own shit for days , I used to clean his shit daily , I was only 14 , I cant take it anymore... my uncle tried to rape me here in Delhi and thats why you found me there at ISBT , he brought me here and took me to a Hotel and tried to rape me.He took my money , the money I had earned cleaning shit of other patients in the hospital... Isha I am dead ... I don't want to live anymore... I need money not for myself but for that man who cant do anything for the family for whom he was once a breadwinner. You tell me what else do i do? Is there any other way you can get me the money ?"Saying this she fell down on the ground wept her heart out.
Isha too started weeping and she took her in her arms and said "I love you, you are like my sister and thats why i don't want you to come into this all, its a bad place I am here because I have no where else to go , this is my life , i have nothing beyond this, I am a commerce graduate and well i could've been a MBA somewhere if it hadn't been for those drugs...those pills that I so loved to trip on, oh those days were so much fun , no tension nothing to care about , I felt so nice when they hit me the trip was so nice , I could see things clearly and I loved the high, taking a pop or a shot and then listening to Floyd or Dark trance , it was so much fun then and now look at me I am 5000 rupees an hour prostitute..."
She looked at her and said "I am so sorry about what happened to you... I need it , I need the money , but what I don't get how did you get into this business, doing drugs isn't wrong , so many hippie people come to our village but they weren't into this..."
Isha laughed at her innocence something which she lost the first time she her cool boyfriend injected her with LSD and made love to her in the back of his Esteem. She said to her "Honey, I needed money for my trips and this was the easiest way and for five years I did drugs and I lost all family and friends and I became a professional in this business , I quit drugs some two years ago but by then my family had disowned me and my friends did not want to hang with a prostitute .... so I came back and now I am one for life..."
They both cried a little more and then went to bed and fell asleep and as usual she got up at six and made tea and somehow for the first time in five years Isha got up with her and she helped her with the housework . The milkman for the first time in five years saw Isha actually taking the milk form him as he usually had to leave it in her mailbox and he was quite astonished at this miracle and checked at the sun to see if had risen form west today or maybe he had a little too much afeem this morning , whatever it was he couldn't control his astonishment to which Isha laughed and said "bhaiya main jaldi uth sakti huun...main bhutani nai huun".

6 comments:

Florence R. said...

There was something realistic to it. Like it could be real, almost.

You only mention Isha's name throughout...is that intentional?
The other girl should be given equal importance since they're the only two in the scene.

Did they both need to be so weepy? Try making one of them more stronger preferrably Isha.

Not bad though. =)

Ishaan said...

well if i tell her name now the whole story will go haywiire...wait and watch maybe towards the end of it all...its gonna be a long story floey

Anon said...

hmmm...i hate the circumstances when it seems that only a woman can earn some dough is by selling her flesh :|
but yes, i agree with flo. very descriptive the whole plot is, though seems a bit like a hindi movie screenplay! :)

Ravi D said...

I liked it...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Miss N Mirza said...

love the positive note at the end.

emm... yea. im back to blogging. but just beggining. so will take sum time to warm up. =D

tke care ishy.